Gerson Therapy Recipes
- Mostly lettuce (preferably Romaine or cos)
- Escarole 1 or 2 leaves
- Red leaf lettuce 3 or 4 leaves
- Green leaf lettuce 3 or 4 leaves
- Endive 1 or 2 leaf
- Romaine 2 to 3 leaves
- Watercress leaves up to 6 leaves – no more than 6 leaves
- Red cabbage 2 or 3 leaves
- Beet tops 2 to 3 leaves
- A quarter of a small green pepper
- Swiss chard 1 to 3 leaves
- Red chard 1 or 3 leaves
- 1 medium green apple
Wash all thoroughly and put in spinner to remove excess water. Cut off bottom of stems of chard or any fibrous leaves. Pass through your juicer accordingly. Drink immediately. Try to consume within 20 minutes for optimal benefit and to avoid oxidation. Do not store.
DEMONSTRATION ON USING THE NORWALK JUICER FOR MAKING THE GERSON DIET JUICES:
CARROT APPLE JUICE
- Equal part carrots and apples (8-12 oz each)
- Tart apples are preferred: Granny Smith Mcintosh, Ida, Red Pippin and Gala
- Large carrots = 1 large apple (roughly)
Wash apples, do not peel. Remove core and seeds with an apple corer. Slightly brush the carrots, do not scrub or peal. Alternate carrots and apples in the juicer. The juice should be consumed as soon as possible. It may be kept for a maximum of 3 hours if you seal a glass jar hermetically.
How to seal hermetically: Pour the freshly made apple-carrot juice in an 8oz glass jar and let it overflow slightly, then place the lid. It will spill a little again as you push down to seal the lid. This method makes ensures there is no space for oxygen at the top of the jar to oxidize and interact with the juice.
Prepare a breakfast juice of 8oz from fresh organic oranges. We use other citrus fruit like grapefruits to alternate and due to freshest local produce availability. You will need a reamer type citrus juicer made form glass or porcelain. Do not use plastic or aluminium.
*** Dr. Gerson does not recommend using a citrus juice press into which oranges are inserted with skin. Fatty acids from the skin can be pressed out as well and these fatty acids and aromatic substances should be avoided while on the Gerson Therapy.
- 1/2 Cup Organic Raw Oatmeal (best to flake your own oat groats)
- 1 Cup of Purified Water
- Fresh Fruit: raw organic grated apple, papaya, apple bananas, any fruit that is allowed
- Or Soaked Dried Fruit: raisins, prunes, apricots (not too much, go light – high sugar content)
Bring the water to a boil in a non-toxic cookware pot. Add freshly rolled oats, reduce heat and cook slowly for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for a few minutes. Serve with delicious fresh organic raw fruits or stir in some soaked dried fruits (sparingly).
- 1 medium celeriac or 4 stalks of celery
- 1 medium parsley root or parsley
- 2 leeks
- 1.5 lbs tomatoes or more
- 2 medium onions
- 1 lb potatoes
- garlic to taste
Do not peel any of the vegetables, but wash and scrub them gently. Cut them coarsely and place into a non-toxic cooking pot (for example: enameled cast iron), add filtered water to cover vegetables, bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours. Pass through a food mill in small portions.
To add variety in taste to your soup, experiment with adding different herbs each time. Consult the not-allowed list to check that the herbs you use are permitted.
Can keep well covered in refrigerator for up to 2 days, no longer.
Lunch & Dinner
PLANNING A BASIC GERSON MEAL
Read our BLOG on preparing a basic Gerson diet lunch or dinner.